1. Digital Millenium Copyright Act
As required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other intellectual property laws, Kicktone operations staff
will process and act upon notices of alleged infringement which it receives.
Pursuant to the DMCA, notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to the Kicktone staff at
email@example.com. Mailing address will be provided upon request.
In order to be considered, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information (as described in
DMCA, 17 U.S.C., Sec. 512(c)(3)):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right
that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a
single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and
that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the
service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an
address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained
of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the
complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
For any further information regarding our DMCA policy, or to report any suspected copyright infringement, please contact
the Kicktone staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that your content has been removed from Kicktone due to an inaccurate DMCA takedown request, you may send
a counter-notification. Kicktone reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, remove access to any material hosted on
its infrastructure for any reason and at any time.
A counter-notification must contain the following information to be processed:
- the counter-claimant's name, address, phone number and physical or electronic signature; and
- identification of the material and its location before removal; and
- a statement under penalty of perjury that the material was removed by mistake or misidentification; and
- counter-claimant consent to local federal court jurisdiction, or if overseas, to an appropriate judicial body.
Counter-notifications may be sent to email@example.com.
The content provided in section 2 is intended only to provide a summary and general overview on matters relating to DMCA
counter-notifications. It is not intended to be comprehensive, nor does it constitute legal advice. We attempt to ensure
that the content is current but we do not guarantee its currency or accuracy. You should seek legal advice or other
professional advice before acting or relying on any of the content.
Last updated March 21, 2014